[swinog] SIM Card Hijacking?
Rainer Duffner
2018-08-03 20:38:04 UTC

saw this article on vice.com mentioned elsewhere:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3ky5a5/criminals-recruit-telecom-employees-sim-swapping-port-out-scam

Does anyone know just how feasible that is in Switzerland?

I’m asking from a threat-assessment point of view, not because I want to do it myself ;-)

Changing my number from a corporate-managed Orange^wSalt account to another corporate-managed Swisscom account took a number of attempts, IIRC (I wasn’t too involved).

Does it make a difference if it’s a private account vs. a corporate-managed account?

Though, I guess for the intended purpose (taking over accounts secured with TFA), the change doesn’t need to stay in place for long - just enough to switch the credentials.