[swinog] Do ISP still offer outgoing smtp relaying services to business customers with own smtp server?
Benoit Panizzon
2018-11-16 10:52:54 UTC
Dear List

We sometimes get requests from business customers, with own mailserver,
which directly receives email via smtp, for an outgoing smtp-relay.

I then argue with:

* Their server is absolutely capable of sending emails directly
* They have better control of the sending process.
* They can look for problem them self in their logs.
* Anti-Spam thresholds aimed at end users, not companies.
* They are not affected if another customer is spaming and therefore the
IP of the relay blacklisted.

But still, I then often get an "BUT... you are our ISP, isn't it your
duty to offer such a relay service? Other ISP do this!"

rly? Do other ISP still offer smtp relaying services to business
customers with own email infrastructure?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e A G - Leiter Commerce Kunden

Zurlindenstrasse 29 Tel +41 61 826 93 00
CH-4133 Pratteln Fax +41 61 826 93 01
Schweiz Web http://www.imp.ch
Nico Schottelius
2018-11-16 11:16:05 UTC
Hey Benoit,

in short: yes, we do, for customers with high technial experience
(i.e. we can trust that they are by default doing the right thing [tm].)

Best,

Nico
Your Swiss, Open Source and IPv6 Virtual Machine. Now on www.datacenterlight.ch.